Posted on 21. Sep, 2012 by avickers in
CicLAvia is a fantastic event where 10 miles of LA streets are closed to cars for bicyclists and pedestrians so they can experience their community first hand. It’s an awe-inspiring event, and this October is shaping up to the be largest yet.
Bike Nation will be offering bike rentals with a suggested donation, all of the proceeds will go to CicLAvia. Our bikes will be available at the Mariachi Plaza Hub and the Grand Park Hub, and in addition to providing bikes we will also have a bike valet service available. Bike Valet will cost $2 and proceeds will be donated to local non-profits.
Rentals for the event occur in three shifts, one at 10:00 AM, one at 11:30 AM, and one at 1:30 PM. Rentals will last an hour and a half, please be considerate of others and retrieve/return your bike on time. To register, follow the instructions below:
- Head to the Bike Nation Registration Page
- Select your pick-up time. (10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, or 1:30 PM)
- Select your rental location. (Mariachi Plaza or Grand Park)
- Select how many bikes you’d like to rent. There is a 2 bike maximum.
- If you feel inclined, enter your suggested donation. All proceeds go to CicLAvia organizers.
- Fill out the Personal Information form.
- Fill out the Payment Information form.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions and submit!
- All riders of Bike Nation bikes must be 16 years of age or older.
- All minors MUST be accompanied by a parents/legal guardian, have a helmet with them at the time of rental, and wear said helmet at all times while riding.
- There will be a $50 hold used as a security deposit placed on your credit card for each bike rented. The hold removed when the bike is returned.
- Should the bike not be returned and attempts to retrieve the bike are unsuccessful, then Bike Nation will consider the bike stolen and charge your credit card $200.